SMIT&DORLAS is one of the largest coffee roasters in the Netherlands and supplier of high-quality total coffee solutions to horeca, catering and businesses. Since 1822 we have the entire process from purchasing to delivering high-quality and artisan coffee in- house and do this with the most modern equipment and techniques. In addition to coffee and coffee machines, SMIT&DORLAS provides service to our coffee machines and a wide range of side products. This makes us unique in the Netherlands. Quality is the common thread that runs throughout the organisation.
SMIT&DORLAS is part of the international coffee organisation UCC Europe with 1,200 employees in 5 European countries and with a combined turnover of more than 400 mln. UCC Europe is the market leader in retail in the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, Switzerland and France with a market share of 30-50%. Together with the sister organisations in the Benelux and the UK, SMIT&DORLAS forms the North-West Europe region, where we work closely together in the operational and financial fields.
As Financial Controller the purpose of your role is to lead analysing volumes (all revenue streams) by customer, revenue and margin to ensure accuracy and completeness. To support the Finance Director with the monthly and quarterly forecasting, and the annual budget process.
During the month to review margin analysis by customer and revenue stream to support the sales team in maintaining and where possible enhancing margins. The Financial Controller will work closely with IT to develop the required reporting to improve financial analysis and the sales team to support financial modelling and analysis for existing and new customer pricing.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Complete the monthly management accounts and month end process
• Key involvement in completion of the FBR deck
• Input into group reporting system (Eagle One)
• Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
• Support the Finance Director to produce the annual budget and planning process
• Support the Sales team and Finance Director to produce the monthly reforecasts
• Ensure compliance with IFRS accounting standards and legal compliance
• Production of relevant commercial analysis e.g. margins and pricing
• A completed HBO/masters degree in business economics
• 2 to 5 yrs working experience in a production/service environment
• Good oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
• Sound business knowledge
• Accuracy and an eye for detail
• Highly competent, with solid commercial acumen
• Dynamic, committed and experienced
• A thorough on boarding process where you get to know all the ins and out of the business.
• A challenging role with a high level of responsibility
• Plenty of independence with a possibility to partially work from home
If you meet the criteria we invite you to apply for the role, before 15/03/2021. We would like to hear why you want to work for Smit & Dorlas and why you fit the job criteria. The application has to be done in English. Please send your cover letter and CV to HR@smitdorlas.nl. If you have any questions about the role or the process please contact Lisette Krijgsman on HR@smitdorlas.nl.